Mold discovery prompts closure of Sallisaw clinic
SALLISAW (AP) — The Cherokee Nation says it's closed part of a Sallisaw health center because mold was discovered in the building.
The Southwest Times Record reports that several services normally offered at the Redbird Smith Health Center will be moved to the Redbird Smith Health Center Annex.
Tribal officials say an environmental assessment is under way to determine the extent of the suspected mold. The tribe says the exposure to mold was minimal for patients and staff.
The tribe says dental services will be unavailable while the clinic is closed. Patients who normally use the Redbird clinic are asked to go to facilities in Stilwell, Muskogee or Tahlequah.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 12757Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10379Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9755Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9478Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6719Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4489Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 4265Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates