Money given out by the government comes from taxpayers
Steve Gold (Point of View, Dec. 5) fails to mention that the federal government is broke and any money it sends us it has to get from the taxpayers. The state will have the bill to pay, one way or another. The bigger government gets, the higher taxes we have to pay to keep growing it. Seems to me we have more government than we need, and Barack Obama being re-elected means that we're well on our way to even more government. I'm proud of Gov. Mary Fallin for not expanding Medicaid.
NewsOK Related Articles
Ann Merritt, Oklahoma City
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort