Money market fund assets rose to $2.716 trillion
NEW YORK (AP) — Total U.S. money market mutual fund assets rose $11.50 billion to $2.716 trillion for the week that ended Wednesday, according to the Investment Company Institute.
Assets of the nation's retail money market mutual funds fell $2.70 billion to $940.53 billion, the Washington-based mutual fund trade group said Thursday. Assets of taxable money market funds in the retail category fell $4.25 billion to $735.11 billion. Tax-exempt retail fund assets rose $1.55 billion to $205.42 billion.
Meanwhile assets of institutional money market funds rose $14.20 billion to $1.776 trillion. Among institutional funds, taxable money market fund assets rose $15.05 billion to $1.689 trillion. Assets of tax-exempt funds fell $840 million to $86.40 billion.
The seven-day average yield on money market mutual funds was unchanged from the previous week at 0.02 percent in the week that ended Tuesday, according to Money Fund Report, a service of iMoneyNet Inc. in Westborough, Mass.
The 30-day average yield was flat at 0.02 percent from last week. The seven-day compounded was unchanged at 0.02 percent. The 30-day compounded yield was also flat at 0.02 percent, Money Fund Report said.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 14439Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9547Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7937Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 7761Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6962Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6428Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6287Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister