Moore fisherman sets Lake Eufaula largemouth bass record
Outdoors Notebook: Last Bass tournament Nov. 11; Ducks Unlimited banquets coming up; Trout derby on Veterans Day; Year getting busy for state hunters
A Moore angler has set the new largemouth bass record for Lake Eufaula.
William Wright caught and released an 11.9-pound largemouth bass Oct. 2 in the Porum Landing area of Lake Eufaula.
NewsOK Related Articles
Wright's fish breaks the old record of 10.5 pounds.
Last Bass tourney on Nov. 11
The annual Last Bass tournament, sponsored by the law firm of Lawter and Associates, will be Nov. 11 on Lake Eufaula out of Eufaula Cove.
Entry fee for the two-man team tourney is $150 per boat. The law firm adds an additional $4,000 to the payout, which includes a $500 prize for big bass each hour from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m.
For more information, call Jeff Saxton at 522-8282, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.lawterlaw.com.
The Oklahoma City chapter of Ducks Unlimited will have a fundraising banquet Saturday at the Montgomery Event Center, 500 West Main.
Doors open at 6 p.m. with dinner at 7 p.m. For tickets, call Kyle Sanders at 605-9747.
On Friday, the Guthrie DU chapter will hold a banquet at 6 p.m. at the Logan County Fairgrounds. For tickets, call Paul Fincher at 850-0275.
Veteran's Day Trout Derby
The Blue River near Tishomingo in southern Oklahoma will be the site of the annual Veteran's Day trout derby Nov. 10-11.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims