Moore fisherman sets Lake Eufaula largemouth bass record
Outdoors Notebook: Last Bass tournament Nov. 11; Ducks Unlimited banquets coming up; Trout derby on Veterans Day; Year getting busy for state hunters
NewsOK Related Articles
Anglers also will be fishing for tagged trout that total $1,000 in prizes. Entry fee is $25 for adults and $20 for ages 15 and younger.,
For more information, call Scotty's Blue River One Stop in Tishomingo at (580) 371-9288.
Busy time for hunters
Hunting seasons are now in full swing across the state.
Oklahoma's deer muzzleloader season opened Saturday and runs through Nov. 4.
Archery season for deer and wild turkeys continues through Jan. 15. A fall gun season on wild turkeys opens Nov. 3 in some counties and runs through Nov. 16.
Duck season will be open statewide Saturday when zone two, which covers most of the state, has its season opener.
The first half of duck season runs through Nov. 25 in both duck hunting zones one and two.
Duck season is open in the Panhandle uninterrupted through Jan. 9.
In addition, other hunting seasons currently open include geese, sandhill cranes, squirrel, rabbits, black bear and dove (through Wednesday only for doves).
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 11499Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8698Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 7434How to help tornado victims
- 4914Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 2111Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 1490Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say