Moore man charged with second-degree rape, lewd molestation
A man in Moore is accused of having a sexual relationship with a 14-year-old girl.
MOORE — A 23-year-old man is accused of having a sexual relationship with a 14-year-old girl, court records show.
Ryan Joe Knight was charged Thursday in Cleveland County District Court with one count of second-degree rape and one count of lewd molestation with a child, according to court documents.
Information filed with the charge states Knight was in a dating relationship with the girl after helping her with softball. The girl said she had sex with Knight at her house last summer.
The girl's mother told Moore police in July she walked in on Knight and her daughter, who were in her daughter's bedroom. The mother said she saw Knight get out of her daughter's bed naked.
The mother told police she spoke with both Knight and her daughter, who agreed to end their relationship, but the relationship continued. The mother then sent her daughter to live with her aunt in another state, the information states.
Knight has been a softball assistant instructor for youth sport teams, Moore police Sgt. Jeremy Lewis said.
A warrant for Knight's arrest has been issued in Cleveland County, court records show. Sheriff's spokeswoman Meghan McCormick said Knight had not been arrested Friday morning.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad