Moore schools locked down after nearby bank robbery
Four schools in Moore were on lockdown for about three hours after the IBC Bank was robbed.
MOORE — Four Moore schools were placed under lockdown Thursday while law officers searched for two bank robbers.
Oakridge, Briarwood and Plaza Towers elementary schools and Southmoore High School went into lockdown at 11:10 a.m. The lockdown remained in effect until midafternoon, Moore police Sgt. Jeremy Lewis said.
About 10:30 a.m., two black men, one wearing an orange hoodie, robbed the IBC Bank branch at 901 SW 19. The men had handguns, Lewis said.
The men split up upon leaving the bank, with one heading east and the other west, Lewis said.
Law officers searched an area near apartment complexes using a helicopter and found what was believed to be the robbers' car a block from the bank, Lewis said.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 85341Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16721OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12445Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12075Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 11152Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 9705Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 9037How to help tornado victims