Moore schools locked down after nearby bank robbery
Four schools in Moore were on lockdown for about three hours after the IBC Bank was robbed.
MOORE — Four Moore schools were placed under lockdown Thursday while law officers searched for two bank robbers.
Oakridge, Briarwood and Plaza Towers elementary schools and Southmoore High School went into lockdown at 11:10 a.m. The lockdown remained in effect until midafternoon, Moore police Sgt. Jeremy Lewis said.
About 10:30 a.m., two black men, one wearing an orange hoodie, robbed the IBC Bank branch at 901 SW 19. The men had handguns, Lewis said.
The men split up upon leaving the bank, with one heading east and the other west, Lewis said.
Law officers searched an area near apartment complexes using a helicopter and found what was believed to be the robbers' car a block from the bank, Lewis said.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad