More investigation needed in fatal Cowboys crash
Brown's parents and relatives have expressed support for Brent after the crash, and Brent's attorney, George Milner, has said the two former college teammates at Illinois were extremely close. Asked how much those relationships would matter, Harris said the family's wishes could be a factor in how prosecutors pursue the case, but not the only one.
"We're not just looking at that victim's family," Harris said. "We're also looking to make sure we can speak for all the victims and potential victims here in Dallas County when we prosecute these cases."
Also Tuesday, police released tapes of two callers reporting an overturned vehicle Saturday morning. Both callers said smoke or fire appeared to be coming from the car. Police also released dash-cam video that shows the overturned vehicle at the crime scene. According to an arrest affidavit, officers who arrived found Brent pulling Brown from the wreck.
Brent was placed Wednesday on the reserve/non-football illness list by the Cowboys, which ends his season but keeps him on the team. He attended a memorial service for Brown earlier this week with teammates and Brown's family.
Coach Jason Garrett has declined to talk about specifics of the accident.
"There's going to be a lot of details that come out about exactly what happened and I don't think it's appropriate for me to stand up here and address the different things," Garrett said. "Again, we continue to support Josh ... in every way that we can and also at the same time help other people that are in a similar kind of situation."
AP Sports Writer Schuyler Dixon contributed to this report.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 66578Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 31563Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 30900Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 17837Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 7407Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6371Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4655Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond