BY RANDY ELLIS firstname.lastname@example.org | Updated: Wed, Jul 10, 2013
Gov. Mary Fallin has asked state Auditor and Inspector Gary Jones to audit the state Corrections Department and assess whether the current structure “is in the best interests of the taxpayers of Oklahoma.”
BY JACLYN COSGROVE email@example.com | Published: Sun, Jul 7, 2013
Child welfare specialists, also known as “case workers,” have some of the hardest jobs in Oklahoma. A wrong decision, regardless of whether it felt right to make, can end tragically. As with any job, though, there are some happy endings.
Properties considered for sale
Oklahoma officials are looking at several other state properties that are categorized as unnecessary or underused and being considered for possible sale.
On the auction block
• A town lot owned by the Department of Human Services in Buffalo.
• A nearly six-acre tract of land owned by DHS in Marietta.
Preparing to go to auction
• A 39-acre tract of land owned by the Office of Management and Enterprise Services near Hopeton in Woods County.
• The old central laboratory, 2123 NE 36, of the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation.
• A nearly 15-acre tract of undeveloped land at NE 28 and Creston Drive owed by