Motive, suspect sought in Oklahoma City homicide
A family member found McQuallias Wright, 42, dead inside a home near NE 59 and Marshall Road, Oklahoma City police Sgt. Jennifer Wardlow said.
Family members found a man dead Wednesday inside a northeast Oklahoma City home.
Police identified the victim as McQuallias Wright, 42. This is Oklahoma City's fifth homicide of 2013.
Videoview all videos
Jan 30Police were called about 11:20 p.m. Wednesday after a...
Police were called about 11:20 a.m. after a family member found Wright's body inside the home at 10325 NE 59, police Sgt. Jennifer Wardlow said.
Wardlow said the victim suffered injuries consistent with homicide.
Family members who found the victim said he was shot in the back, said McShaunda Wright, a woman at the scene who said she is the victim's sister.
“At this point, I just know that somebody shot him. I have no idea who shot him,” McShaunda Wright said.
McQuallias Wright worked in construction and was not involved in gang activity, she said.
“We need some answers. If anybody know who did it, they need to come forward because he had kids and family that he left behind,” she said.
Police are waiting for the state medical examiner to determine the cause of death.
Anyone with information is asked to call the homicide tip line at 297-1200.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort