Motorcycle wrecks on Oklahoma roads claim three
Three men were killed in separate motorcycle crashes Friday and Saturday, according to the Oklahoma Highway Patrol.
Three Oklahomans died Friday and Saturday in separate motorcycle accidents, according to the Oklahoma Highway Patrol.
Richard Blue McElroy, 22, of Disney
About 9:20 p.m. Saturday, McElroy was driving a motorcycle west on State Highway 28 in Delaware County, just east of Disney, when the bike left the road and struck a concrete culvert, according to a patrol report.
McElroy, who was thrown from the motorcycle, died at the scene, troopers said. He was not wearing a helmet.
Jim Edward McNeil, 55, Wewoka
About 10 a.m. Saturday, McNeil was driving east on State Highway 3E, about five miles east of Shawnee, when he struck a pickup making a left turn onto a Pottawatomie County road, according to a patrol report. McNeil died at OU Medical Center, troopers said.
The pickup driver, Betty Jo Stultz-
Timothy T. Beavers, 38, of Tulsa
About 10:45 p.m. Friday, Beavers was driving east on Interstate 244 and crashed while trying to exit onto westbound State Highway 11 in Tulsa, according to the patrol.
Beavers died at the scene, troopers said. He was not wearing a helmet.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad