Mount St. Mary's Scott Luis moving from tight end to guard
This year, Mount St. Mary shifts to a heavy run-based offense, similar to what Navy operates, and as part of the change, Scott Luis, 6-foot-2, 230 pounds, finds himself moving from tight end to guard.
Heading into the second year under coach Chris Stiles, Mount St. Mary football seems to be heading in the right direction. This year, the team shifts to a heavy run-based offense, similar to what Navy operates, and as part of the change, Scott Luis, 6-foot-2, 230 pounds, finds himself moving from tight end to guard.
NewsOK Related Articles
How has your transition to guard gone so far?
It hasn't been too bad so far. I got some experience my sophomore year playing tackle. I think I have the size for it. This offense is definitely a different look than last year.
Will you still be playing defensive end the entire game as well?
Yes, I got used to that the last couple of years. I've gained a lot of weight, but hopefully I'll be in good condition for game shape.
Do you feel like the program is progressing the way you would hope?
I definitely have faith in coach Stiles and all the things he's doing for our program. He's making a lot of changes, for the better I believe. He hasn't let us down yet, so we have faith in what he's doing.
By Scott Wright
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14804OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10332Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6926Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6240Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 6240Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5695Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4108Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?