Mueller agrees with Panthers on 1-year deal
SUNRISE, Fla. (AP) — The Florida Panthers have agreed to terms with center Peter Mueller on a one-year contract.
The 24-year-old Mueller has played in 254 NHL games with Phoenix and Colorado, scoring 55 goals and adding 88 assists. His best season came as a rookie, when he had 22 goals and 32 assists for the Coyotes in 2007-08.
Florida general manager Dale Tallon says Mueller has a strong offensive upside, and is expected to help this coming season with the Panthers' power play.
Mueller played in 32 games for Colorado last season, with seven goals and nine assists.
He was the eighth overall pick in the 2006 draft by the Coyotes.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 18732Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 15952Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 10745How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 2753Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 2638Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say