Murder, abortion are the same
In response to Mel Smith (Your Views, March 2): Murder and abortion are the same. Years ago my unwed mother had to make a choice. Under no circumstances, financially or otherwise, did she need a baby. I'm sure she went through her pregnancy without prenatal care since she almost died giving birth. She gave me up for adoption to a childless couple unable to have babies. It was the most selfless thing she could do. The first thing I did after meeting her was to thank her for giving this “blob of nothingness” life.
NewsOK Related Articles
Patty Welch, Duncan
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 13567Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 12400Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims