Music theme for new Louisiana tourism campaign
BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — Louisiana's newest campaign to attract out-of-state tourists centers on the state's rich musical heritage.
Jazz, zydeco, swamp pop and brass bands are featured in the series of 30-second TV commercials, print ads and online spots unveiled Wednesday by Lt. Gov. Jay Dardenne, the state's top tourism official.
The ads were created by Trumpet, a New Orleans-based firm. Dardenne's office says the ads will run in San Antonio, Austin, Dallas, Houston, Little Rock, Memphis, Atlanta and Chicago throughout the year.
The campaign can be viewed at www.LouisianaTravel.com/2013 .
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 11190Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11015Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9873Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8372Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4481Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4243Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4027OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M