Musical returns to Oklahoma Christian University
“The Rock and the Rabbi,” a musical production about the friendship between Jesus and Peter, is returning to Oklahoma Christian University on Friday, Feb. 1, and Feb. 2.
With everything from guitars to an accordion and a fiddle, acoustic music provides lively accompaniment for one of the “greatest stories ever told.”
NewsOK Related Articles
The musical production “The Rock and The Rabbi” will be performed Friday and Saturday at Oklahoma Christian University, bringing to life the friendship between Jesus and Peter.
Danny Hamilton, part of the writing and composing team that wrote the musical, said it is not your typical “bed robes and sandals production,” not that he has anything against those types of ventures.
Hamilton said that uniqueness is what sets “The Rock and The Rabbi” apart and why it has been popular with audiences over the years.
“It's not what people are expecting,” he said, in a recent telephone interview from his Florida home.
The relationship between Jesus and Peter unfolds through a mix of dramatic storytelling and eight original songs.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims