Musical returns to Oklahoma Christian University
“The Rock and the Rabbi,” a musical production about the friendship between Jesus and Peter, is returning to Oklahoma Christian University on Friday, Feb. 1, and Feb. 2.
With everything from guitars to an accordion and a fiddle, acoustic music provides lively accompaniment for one of the “greatest stories ever told.”
NewsOK Related Articles
The musical production “The Rock and The Rabbi” will be performed Friday and Saturday at Oklahoma Christian University, bringing to life the friendship between Jesus and Peter.
Danny Hamilton, part of the writing and composing team that wrote the musical, said it is not your typical “bed robes and sandals production,” not that he has anything against those types of ventures.
Hamilton said that uniqueness is what sets “The Rock and The Rabbi” apart and why it has been popular with audiences over the years.
“It's not what people are expecting,” he said, in a recent telephone interview from his Florida home.
The relationship between Jesus and Peter unfolds through a mix of dramatic storytelling and eight original songs.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 402At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 378Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 347How to help tornado victims
- 247Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 147Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 93Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 52Social media used to send prayers and condolences to Oklahoma in wake of deadly tornadoes