Mustang vs. Yukon blood drive Dec. 19
All Mustang and Yukon-area residents are invited to get in the giving spirit by donating life-saving blood. Oklahoma Blood Institute (OBI) will conduct the third-annual Mustang versus Yukon blood drive Wednesday, Dec. 19, at these locations from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.:
Mustang Community Center, 1201 N Mustang Rd.
Yukon Community Center, 2200 S Holly
The drives are sponsored by the City of Yukon, City of Mustang, Integris Canadian Valley and Joe Cooper Ford. Each donor will receive a limited edition 2012 Mustang vs. Yukon T-Shirt, OBI ball cap, health screenings and Donor Rewards points, redeemable for items in OBI’s online store.
Any donor who wishes to support the Global Blood Fund can forgo the ball cap. In turn, Oklahoma Blood Institute will make a monetary contribution of similar value to the Global Blood Fund. It’s a chance to ‘doubly give’ by saving a life locally, and making safe blood available in the world’s poorest countries.
“We’re blessed to be surrounded by giving people who respond when they know of a need,” said Dr. John Armitage, president and CEO of Oklahoma Blood Institute. “The gift of blood is a life-saving one. It’s difficult to think of anything more important that we personally can do.”
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 85341Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16721OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12445Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12075Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 11152Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 9705Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 9037How to help tornado victims