MVSU moving games to Greenville
ITTA BENA, Miss. (AP) — Mississippi Valley State will play the remainder of its home baseball games at Greenville's Legion Field.
Athletic director Ashley Robinson says unsafe playing conditions at Valley's field in Itta Bena prompted the decision.
Robinson says playing field is not suitable or safe enough to have baseball players risking a possible injury.
Robinson says the ball field will be fixed up.
The Delta Devils have five home Southwestern Athletic Conference series left on their slate, starting Saturday with a 1 p.m. doubleheader with Alabama A&M.
Valley is 3-21 on the season and 1-5 in SWAC.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 17205Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9411Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9383Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6982Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6824Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6420Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6294Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit