Nadal pulls out of season-ending World Tour Finals
MADRID (AP) — Rafael Nadal has pulled out of next month's season-ending World Tour Finals because of an ongoing left knee injury.
The Spaniard, who hasn't played since June, also will miss the Paris Masters next week.
The 26-year-old Nadal says, "It doesn't come as a surprise. I will hopefully resume my tennis practice soon since I am making good progress with my recovery from injury."
The French Open winner and 11-time Grand Slam champion has said he hopes to return in time for the Australian Open in January. He is scheduled to play an exhibition in Abu Dhabi at the end of December.
The ATP's top eight players qualify for the Nov. 5-12 World Tour Finals in London.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in