Naked man shooed from McDonald's rest room in Oklahoma City
Police responded to reports of a naked man bathing in an Oklahoma City McDonald's restroom Thursday morning, but did not make an arrest.
Oklahoma City police responded to reports of a naked man bathing in a McDonald's restroom Thursday morning but did not make an arrest.
It turns out, it's not illegal to be naked in a public rest room under some circumstances.
“In fact, in a lot of areas, it's not uncommon for homeless people, or whatever, to go into a bathroom and take a bath,” Master Sgt. Gary Knight said.
Knight said the man was not arrested and may have been “run off.”
The McDonald's is attached to a gas station at Interstate 35 and NE 10. An employee of the restaurant called police about 9 a.m.
Employees working at the gas station confirmed the man had been naked in the restroom, but said they weren't sure what had happened to him after police arrived.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister