Names released of six killed in Friday crashes in OKC
The names of six people who died Friday in crashes in Oklahoma City have been released by the Oklahoma medical examiner.
The state medical examiner has released the names of six people who died in two wrecks Friday at the Interstate 40/Interstate 35 interchange.
Five people in a car were killed about 1 a.m. Friday on I-35 just south of I-40 when the car went under a tractor-trailer, shearing the roof off, then catching fire, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol reported.
NewsOK Related Articles
Those who died in the first crash were identified as:
• Srinivas Ravikanti, 27
• Bhaskar Venkata Rao Maddala, 30
• Phaneendra Gade, 26
• Kumar Jaswanth Subbaiahgari, 27
• Anurag Anthati, 27.
All five people were from India and died of multiple blunt force trauma, according to the state medical examiner's report.
About 1:40 p.m. Friday, the second fatal accident happened on I-40 just west of I-35. A pickup driven by Thydelro Lee Anderson, 58, of Oklahoma City, hit a piece of oil-field equipment in the roadway, then hit a retaining wall and overturned, the patrol reported.
Anderson died from head trauma, the medical examiner reports.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 88863Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16945OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12611Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12094Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 9737Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 9076Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 8890Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation