Nancy Lieberman excited about role as Thunder studio analyst
Former coach of Texas Legends still hopes to coach in NBA
“They were one of the first ones to give me an opportunity to do men's college basketball,” she said. “I am grateful to the folks at Fox, but I am over the moon to be able to do this and be a part of the Thunder broadcast team.”
Lieberman said she is impressed with the Thunder franchise, including general manager Sam Presti and chairman Clay Bennett.
“There is a lot of humility in the organization,” she said. “They have a different picture than a lot of people. They are very entrenched in the community. They are very mindful of the young men who are a part of their philosophy and how they handle things. Winning is very, very important, but how you win is important. They are all in. They do have superstars, but in a team concept. Kevin (Durant) understands that he can't do it by himself. Russell (Westbrook) can't do it by himself. Clay can't do it by himself. It takes great pieces and teamwork around you to have a solid organization. Their community and their fans are in lock step with them, and I dig that.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 87014Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 81959Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 34908Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 32757Oklahoma sucker-punched by second round of twisters
- 16053Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 13176Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 10447Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive