NASCAR 1st multicar test with '13 cars, new aero
FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) — NASCAR is having its first multicar test with the 2013 Sprint Cup models and new aero package.
The two-day test at Texas started Tuesday, with 100 pounds removed off the right side and 60 pounds off the left side of the cars. It is also part of a test with Goodyear tires built specifically for the new cars to optimize grip.
Robin Pemberton, NASCAR vice president of competition, says the cars were built to get more mechanical grip and reduce the aero dependency.
Juan Pablo Montoya was "happily surprised" with the reduced downforce. He says the car slid around a little bit, but wasn't unpredictable and didn't do anything strange.
The new Cup cars for Chevrolet, Ford and Toyota look more like their passenger car counterparts.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12798Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 12779Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12087OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10010Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8450Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6619Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 6098Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated