Nation and world business briefs for June 21
American Airlines pilots’ union rejects offer
Pilots’ union rejects offer
DALLAS — The pilots’ union Wednesday rejected the latest contract offer from American Airlines, which is awaiting a judge’s ruling on whether it can impose its own terms for cutting costs that include eliminating thousands of jobs. The union’s board voted 11-5 to reject the company’s offer. A federal bankruptcy judge is scheduled to rule Friday on whether American can break its current contracts with pilots and other union workers. The pilots’ union wants that ruling delayed. American and parent AMR Corp., filed for bankruptcy protection in November. American is the nation’s third-biggest airline behind United and Delta.
Airline’s free beer dries up
KODIAK, Alaska — It turns out, there is no such thing as a free beer, at least on Era Alaska flights. The airline had been offering a free 6-ounce beer to adult passengers. KMXT radio reports...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 15646Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9491Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8139Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7458Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 7219Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6377Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6374Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit