Nation doesn't need a new entitlement
The idea of foisting government health care on everyone is the worst law I've seen so far. Health care is expensive, but adding the government to the mix will make it much more expensive and limit access to treatment for months on end, as in Canada's system. To suddenly make birth control a cost that insurers have to pay is outrageous. Until now, people have paid for their own birth control and have gained many upgrades as a result of free enterprise. What do you think will happen to any potential research when it's now a mandate?
NewsOK Related Articles
I'm not speaking just for religious groups who oppose this travesty, but for all of us. What's next? Abortions need to be covered, too? We'll need to import immigrants to fill the loss of population. But they won't be begging to get into a socialist country, since it's likely that's the kind of country they're leaving behind. The Affordable Health Care Act is far from affordable as it is. The nation is drowning in debt and we need a new entitlement that will cost billions more?
Nancy Park, Del City
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 11434Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11103Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9903Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8455Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4574Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4269Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4107OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M