National education experts lead free conference in Oklahoma City
The Oklahoma Education Department is hosting a free conference, Vision 2020, for educators and parents June 12-15 in Oklahoma City. Topics range from gifted students to drug abuse.
Educators and parents from throughout the state are gathering this week at the Cox Convention Center in downtown Oklahoma City for the state Education Department's summer conference.
Vision 2020 runs through Friday.
Nearly 4,000 people from Achille to Zion already have registered, according to the Education Department's website.
“We're hoping that all educators and parents in the state will come to hear the wealth of knowledge offered at the Vision 2020 conference,” state schools Superintendent Janet Barresi said in a release. “The speakers we have lined up represent some of the brightest minds in education and some of the most forward-thinking ideas for everyone interested in education.”
About the sessions
Sessions are open from 8:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily. Registration is free and available at www.ok.gov/sde.
Some of the keynote speakers and their session times include:
Willard R. Daggett, founder and chairman of the International Center for Leadership in Education, 9 a.m. Tuesday.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14439Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9547Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7937Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 7761Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6962Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6428Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6287Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister