National education experts lead free conference in Oklahoma City
The Oklahoma Education Department is hosting a free conference, Vision 2020, for educators and parents June 12-15 in Oklahoma City. Topics range from gifted students to drug abuse.
Educators and parents from throughout the state are gathering this week at the Cox Convention Center in downtown Oklahoma City for the state Education Department's summer conference.
Vision 2020 runs through Friday.
Nearly 4,000 people from Achille to Zion already have registered, according to the Education Department's website.
“We're hoping that all educators and parents in the state will come to hear the wealth of knowledge offered at the Vision 2020 conference,” state schools Superintendent Janet Barresi said in a release. “The speakers we have lined up represent some of the brightest minds in education and some of the most forward-thinking ideas for everyone interested in education.”
About the sessions
Sessions are open from 8:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily. Registration is free and available at www.ok.gov/sde.
Some of the keynote speakers and their session times include:
Willard R. Daggett, founder and chairman of the International Center for Leadership in Education, 9 a.m. Tuesday.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 13287Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 12869OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 11351Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 10099Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8083Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5913Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 5414Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers