National pregame: Look for Michigan to upset Ohio State
Ohio State has had one of the quietest unbeaten seasons in recent history. The Buckeyes are 11-0 but ineligible for the postseason, because of NCAA probation. Thus Ohio State is nowhere to be found in the coaches poll, the Harris Poll or the BCS.
NewsOK Related Articles
And even in the AP poll, the Buckeyes are behind 10-1 teams Alabama and Georgia.
Saturday, the Buckeyes host archrival Michigan, and it's the 8-3 Wolverines with something to play for. Michigan still could make the Big Ten title game, but it needs Iowa to upset Nebraska on Friday.
But a potential Rose Bowl trip would not match the joy that Michigan would glean from spoiling an undefeated Ohio State season, like Bo Schembechler did twice in his first five seasons.
Last season, Brady Hoke's first as Michigan's coach, the Wolverines ended Ohio State's seven-game series winning streak. The Buckeyes are 5 1/2-point favorites, but let's go with Michigan in the upset.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 18669Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10379Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9301Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7759Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6777UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6498Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6417Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed