National Weather Center tours offer look at the tools and techniques researchers use to study weather
Find ‘Weather Central' in Norman — and a fascinating look at how meteorologists work — at the National Weather Center.
Weather affects all of us, rain or shine, day or night, whether it's stormy or simply one of those beautiful days that we commit to memory. And if you are looking for a different place to tour and at the same time get a fascinating behind-the-scenes look at the people and technology used to study this phenomenon called weather, the tour guides at the National Weather Center will be happy to accommodate you.
The tours are held Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 1 p.m. You must sign up before you can attend by going online to www.nwc.ou.edu/tours.
For a list of fascinating places to tour throughout Oklahoma, to go www.TravelOK.com.
Dino Lalli is the producer, a reporter and co-host of the weekly TV travel show AAA's Discover Oklahoma.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims