Nationals agree to terms with RHP Chris Young
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Washington Nationals have agreed to terms with right-handed pitcher Chris Young on a minor-league contract with an invitation to major league spring training.
Young is 53-43 with a 3.79 ERA in 159 career starts with the New York Mets, San Diego Padres and Texas Rangers. The 33-year-old Young was an All-Star with the Padres in 2007.
Young went 4-9 with a 4.15 ERA in 20 starts last season with the Mets.
The Nationals announced the deal Thursday.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims