Natural gas provides no regrets for America
NewsOK Related Articles
Oklahoma lawmakers and regulators recently authorized longer-term agreements for buying natural gas. The Oklahoma Corporation Commission updated its rules, thereby allowing the best option to win the day. I commend the commission for its foresighted action.
As the report summarizes, the U.S. electric power industry has a historic opportunity to deliver cleaner and cheaper gas-fired generated power to America for decades. The opportunity won't be realized unless more lawmakers and regulators follow Oklahoma's lead to put into place the framework to support the wider use of longer-term gas supply contracts. Now is the time.
Roth, an attorney in Oklahoma City, is a former member of the Oklahoma Corporation Commission. He is an ACSF consultant.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 10801Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10490Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10422Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9824Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 6498Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4191Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4093Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes