NBA: Cleveland Cavaliers prepared to offer Greg Oden a two-year deal
The Cavs are expected to offer free agent center Greg Oden a two-year contract with a team option for a third year after the Feb. 21 trade deadline passes, a league source told the Akron Beacon Journal. The contract would begin immediately.
Oden has visited with the Boston Celtics and could meet again with the Cavs in the coming weeks, his agent said Friday.
Oden was chosen with the No. 1 pick in the 2007 draft, the same year the Seattle Sonics chose Kevin Durant at No. 2.
Odenhasn't played in the NBA since Dec. 5, 2009 and has had three microfracture surgeries.
Read the rest of this post on the original site »
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 18759Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10409Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9339Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7780Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6796UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6582Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6498Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister