NBA Finals: ABC's Game 4 telecast shatters Oklahoma City's NBA ratings record
KOCO-5 receives 49.1 rating for Heat-Thunder
ABC's telecast of NBA Finals Game 4 shattered the Oklahoma City NBA ratings record with a 49.1 on KOCO-5, meaning nearly half of the TV homes in the market watched the game. The telecast peaked at 57.0 from 10:30 to 10:45 p.m. with a 78 share. It broke the record of 44.4 for Game 2 by 11 percent.
Videoview all videos
Jun 21Berry Tramel quizzes the ESPN analyst about the boys in...
Jun 20Can OKC become the first team to come back from a 3-1...
Photoview all 17 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Tulsa also broke its NBA record with a 29.4 on KTUL-8, surpassing the 27.8 for Game 2. In Miami, Game 4 got a 34.6.
Nationally, Game 4 delivered a 12.4 overnight rating, the highest since 2004 and the second-highest Game 4 ever on ABC. It is up 12 percent from last year's Game 4, which earned an 11.1. The game peaked with a 16.3 from 10:30 to 10:45 p.m. The only other Game 4 with a higher rating was in 2004 (Lakers-Pistons), which got a 14.5.
Through four games, the NBA Finals is averaging an 11.6 overnight rating, the highest since 2004 and the second-highest in ABC history. The four-game average is up 6 percent from last year (Mavericks-Heat), which averaged a 10.9.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 19791Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7602OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6827Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6472OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5877Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4499Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 4468Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash