NBA Finals Game 2 report card: Thunder bench gets an 'A'; Aggression gets a 'B'
James Harden returned to high productivity, with 21 points. He basically kept the Thunder in this game. And while Nick Collison didn't have numbers to speak of (three rebounds, no points), the Thunder outscored Miami by eight points during the 14 1/2 minutes Collison was on the court.
Videoview all videos
Jun 15LeBron James scored 32 points and made a key defensive...
Jun 15How are Thunder fans treating Heat fans? What are fans'...
Jun 15Miami holds off Oklahoma City in Game 2 of the NBA Finals...
Photoview all 142 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Fans: C. The blue-and-white mob was loud and proud, as usual. But with 53.8 seconds left and the Thunder down 98-91, chunks of fans headed for the exits. There's more to a good fan base than just yelling and standing. Showing a little faith is part of it, too, and it would have served the early exiters right if Durant's late shot had gone in and sent the game to overtime.
Foul shooting: C. For the second straight game, the Thunder was off from the line. In Game 1, OKC made its final nine to finish 20 of 27. In Game 2, 19 of 26. That's 73.1 percent, decent for most teams but down for the Thunder. Harden missed two straight after a third-quarter foul. Durant and Westbrook each twice went 1-for-2. That matters in a close game.
Luck: D. Forget the whistles, either way. The Thunder was on the wrong side of fortune. Shane Battier banked in a straightaway 3-pointer with the Heat up 87-83 with 5 1/2 minutes left. And replay overturned an out-of-bounds call, giving Miami the ball with 1:11 left and the Thunder down 96-91. Fifty seconds earlier, and the ball would have stayed with OKC.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 21771Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7615Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6773OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6490OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5293Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4906Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4032Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater