NBA Finals: Game 2 telecast breaks NBA ratings records in Oklahoma City and Tulsa
ABC gets its second-highest overnight rating for the Finals
Game 2 of the NBA Finals produced local ratings records in Oklahoma City and Tulsa and another strong national rating.
ABC's telecast Thursday night got a 44.4 rating (percent of TV homes) on KOCO-5, edging the 44.3 for Game 1 — an NBA record for the market. The telecast topped at 53.5 at 10:30 p.m. Tulsa also went one-tenth over its NBA record, set for Game 1, with a 27.8. In Miami, the game got a 30.3.
Videoview all videos
Jun 15LeBron James scored 32 points and made a key defensive...
Jun 15How are Thunder fans treating Heat fans? What are fans'...
Jun 15Miami holds off Oklahoma City in Game 2 of the NBA Finals...
Photoview all 143 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Nationally, the game got an 11.8 overnight rating, the best overnight rating for a Game 2 since 2004 and second-highest ever on ABC, according to Nielsen. The 11.8 rating is up 12 percent compared to last year's Finals Game 2 (Miami Heat vs. Dallas Mavericks), which earned a 10.5. The only other Game 2 telecast with a higher overnight on ABC was the 12.3 for the 2004 Finals (Detroit Pistons vs. L.A. Lakers).
The two-game overnight rating is 11.8, up 11 percent from last year. Game 2 peaked with a 15.1 rating from 10:30 to 10:45 p.m.
The “NBA Countdown” pregame show averaged a 3.8 overnight rating, up 9 percent from a 3.5 for last year's Game 2 pregame show. The program's two-game overnight average is 4.2, up 20 percent.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in