NBA Finals: James Harden says Thunder will 'pick it up' at the beginning of Game 3
HEAT 100, THUNDER 96 — Thunder guard James Harden provided a boost off the bench in the first quarter when OKC was down.
Sixth Man of the Year James Harden gave the Thunder a much-needed lift in Game 2 of the NBA Finals on Thursday night.
OKC trailed the Miami Heat 16-2 when Harden checked in with 5:13 left in the first quarter.
Videoview all videos
Jun 15LeBron James scored 32 points and made a key defensive...
Jun 15How are Thunder fans treating Heat fans? What are fans'...
Jun 15Miami holds off Oklahoma City in Game 2 of the NBA Finals...
Photoview all 142 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Harden hit his first three shots and scored 10 points in the first period. He finished with 21 points and shot 7 for 11 from the field, including 2 for 3 from 3-point range. He also had four rebounds and two assists while playing 34:53.
Was it too big of a deficit to overcome tonight?
“We had spurts where we played very good Thunder basketball and then we got to our slow start. We can't keep doing that. It only can work sometimes.”
Why do the slow starts keep happening?
“Good question, I don't know. We've done a great job all postseason of having very good starts, especially at home. These last couple games, it's been slow but we'll pick it up in Game 3 (on Sunday night in Miami).”
Everybody seemed to get going for Miami early.
“They have that small lineup, with (Shane) Battier at the 4 and they spaced the floor very well. We have to adjust and be ready to play harder from the beginning in Game 3. I thought we did a pretty good job in the second half of fighting and coming back but it's too late.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 14537OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9306Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6496Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6052Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5977Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5977Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 3990As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in