NBA Finals: Kendrick Perkins says he wasn't criticizing Scott Brooks when discussing rotation
Kendrick Perkins said Wednesday he wasn't criticizing Thunder coach Scott Brooks after Game 4 when he questioned Brooks' rotation of players.
MIAMI, Fla. — Kendrick Perkins said Wednesday he wasn't criticizing Thunder coach Scott Brooks after Game 4 when he questioned Brooks' rotation of players.
Videoview all videos
Jun 21Berry Tramel quizzes the ESPN analyst about the boys in...
Jun 20Can OKC become the first team to come back from a 3-1...
Photoview all 17 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
“I'll roll with Coach Brooks all day, so it wasn't nothing directed at him,” Perkins said the day after Oklahoma City's 104-98 loss gave the Heat a 3-1 series lead in the NBA Finals. “It wasn't nothing to that nature.”
The Thunder built a 17-point first quarter lead before squandering it during a five-minute stretch.
“I just don't understand why we start out the first quarter the way we did, with the lineup that we had, and all of a sudden we change and adjust to what they had going on,” Perkins said after Game 4. “So they won the last three quarters, and that's what happened.”
Asked whether he was referring to the group that built the 17-point lead, a group that included Perkins, the veteran center said, “If it ain't broke, don't fix it.”
Oklahoma City faces Miami at 8 p.m. Thursday at American Airlines Arena. The Heat could claim the NBA title with a fourth straight victory.
On Thursday, Perkins attempted to clarify his remarks, explaining “all of its frustration.”
“At the end of the day, we've got a group of guys who are all capable of playing well and making plays,” he said. “At the end of the day, Coach is trying to coach and win games.”
Asked Wednesday about Perkins' comments, Brooks said "I don't think the game comes down to who plays and who doesn't play. It's how we play."
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad