NBA Finals Q&A: ESPN.com's Brian Windhorst says covering Heat 'like piloting a 747'
ESPN.com Heat beat writer Brian Windhorst says some of the animosity for the team has subsided, but small moves still get people riled up.
Q: What's it like to cover the Heat?
A: It's like piloting a 747. It's a big unyielding beast where small moves causes lots of people to get riled up. And I completely understand why the Heat generally dislike the media.
Videoview all videos
Photoview all 22 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Has the animosity for the team subsided?
Somewhat, because they had a relatively calm regular season compared to last year. But for the first time ever, people across the country were rooting for the Celtics last week. And this week, the Thunder probably will never have as many fans. In the playoffs, it's as intense as it was last year, as the ratings show.
What have you seen from LeBron James that suggests this trip to the Finals might be different for him than last year's?
He's taken all sorts of steps to center himself and get his emotions under control. Probably because his emotions contributed to how badly he played in the finals last year. I have no idea if he'll keep it up, but he's played some of the best basketball of his career over the last 10 games and I think his behavior modification is part of it.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 14605Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9594Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8537Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 8009Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6980Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6486Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6299Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister