NBA Finals ratings second-best ever on ABC
KOCO-5 averaged a 43.9 rating in Oklahoma City
The 2012 NBA Finals generated the most-watched and highest-rated five-game average for The Finals since 2004 and the second most-watched in ABC history, according to Nielsen.
Videoview all videos
Jun 22More than 4,000 Oklahoma City Thunder fans found their...
Jun 22OKC really never had a chance in Game 5 of the NBA...
Jun 22Berry Tramel and John Rohde examine how OKC's season came...
Photoview all 69 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
The Finals averaged 16.9 million viewers and 11.6 million household impressions, up 5 percent from 16.1 million viewers and 11.1 million household impressions last year (Heat vs. Mavericks). The series got a 10.1 household rating, up 6 percent compared to a 9.6 last year through five games.
Thursday’s Game 5 broadcast delivered a 10.9 rating, 18.5 million viewers and 12.5 million household impressions, up 1 percent from Game 5 last year. Miami set a market record for an NBA game with a 40.3 rating. Oklahoma City had its lowest rating of the series, 39.8, well off its record 49.1 for Game 4. Tulsa got a 29.4, which tied its series best.
For comparison purposes, KOCO-5’s rating for last year’s Bedlam football game was 45.0.
For the series, the top 10 local markets were Oklahoma City, 43.8; Miami, 33.1; Tulsa, 26.9; West Palm Beach, 20.1; Cleveland, 17.4; Memphis, 15.9; New Orleans, 14.4;. Atlanta, 14.2; Chicago, 14.1; and San Antonio, 14.0.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 33223Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15512Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9978Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9860Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9472Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8063Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8003Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister