NBA notebook: No one should crown Heat the champ just yet
The Western Conference might have someone capable of stealing championship from Miami.
NewsOK Related Articles
The Celtics had the Heat beat last year, and they let 'em off the hook.
Actually, the Heat nearly got hooked twice en route to last year's Finals, trailing the Indiana Pacers 2-1 in the semifinals before winning three straight to advance.
“They are who we thought they were.” – Green
Indeed, the Miami Heat are who we thought they were, it just took them a couple of seasons to get their act together and finally prove it.
Miami has won a franchise-record 17 straight games and is 5-0 since filming a “Harlem Shake” video that is nearing 40 million views on YouTube.
This year's Eastern Conference playoffs might turn out to be a pillow fight for the Heat, but the Western Conference playoffs have the makings of a fist fight involving at least five teams — the Spurs, Thunder, Clippers, Grizzlies and Nuggets.
So if you want to crown the Heat, then crown 'em, but somebody out West might prove otherwise.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 14537OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9306Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6496Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6052Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5977Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5977Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 3990As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in