NBC's Super Bowl telecast was the most-watched program in U.S. television history with 111.3 million viewers, the third year in a row it has set a record. Nielsen also reported that the game received a 47.0 rating, making it the sixth-best rated Super Bowl in history and the best in 26 years. KFOR-4's 47.3 rating was down 5 percent from last year's game on KOKH-25 (49.6). Among basketball ratings, the combined ESPN/FSOK ratings for the Thunder-Mavericks telecast totaled a strong 10.2. The women's Bedlam game Saturday on KAUT-43 got a 2.2.
Sports events Jan. 31-Feb. 6
1. Super Bowl XLVI, N.Y. Giants vs. New England, Sunday, KFOR-4, 47.3.
2. Oklahoma City at Dallas, NBA, Wednesday, ESPN 5.6, FSOK 4.6, 10.2 combined.
3. Memphis at Oklahoma City, NBA, Friday, FSOK, 6.4.
4. Oklahoma City at Portland, NBA, Monday, FSOK, 6.3.
5. Oklahoma City at San Antonio, NBA, Saturday, FSOK, 5.6.