NBC's Super Bowl telecast earns game's best TV rating in 26 years
TV ratings are down 5 percent in Oklahoma City
NBC's Super Bowl telecast was the most-watched program in U.S. television history with 111.3 million viewers, the third year in a row it has set a record. Nielsen also reported that the game received a 47.0 rating, making it the sixth-best rated Super Bowl in history and the best in 26 years. KFOR-4's 47.3 rating was down 5 percent from last year's game on KOKH-25 (49.6). Among basketball ratings, the combined ESPN/FSOK ratings for the Thunder-Mavericks telecast totaled a strong 10.2. The women's Bedlam game Saturday on KAUT-43 got a 2.2.
Sports events Jan. 31-Feb. 6
1. Super Bowl XLVI, N.Y. Giants vs. New England, Sunday, KFOR-4, 47.3.
2. Oklahoma City at Dallas, NBA, Wednesday, ESPN 5.6, FSOK 4.6, 10.2 combined.
3. Memphis at Oklahoma City, NBA, Friday, FSOK, 6.4.
4. Oklahoma City at Portland, NBA, Monday, FSOK, 6.3.
5. Oklahoma City at San Antonio, NBA, Saturday, FSOK, 5.6.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments