NDSU is No. 1 in both FCS final polls of season
FARGO, N.D. (AP) — Two-time national champion North Dakota State is No. 1 in the final Football Championship Subdivision polls of the season.
The Bison are atop both the coaches' poll and The Sports Network Poll, after beating Sam Houston State 39-13 in the FCS title game on Saturday. NDSU also beat Sam Houston State in last year's championship game.
Sam Houston State is ranked No. 2 in both of the final polls. The rest of the Top Five also is the same: Georgia Southern, Eastern Washington and Montana State.
South Dakota State finished No. 17 in the coaches' poll and No. 14 in the TSN poll. The Jackrabbits made the playoffs but lost to NDSU in the second round.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 51863Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14915Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9511Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7908Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7474Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6783Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 6733Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims