Nearby Edmond residents don't like proposed Thunder Canyon development
Redbud Canyon and Covell Road residents remain concerned about the proposed Thunder Canyon development, to be built near Covell Road and Midwest Boulevard in Edmond. Dodson Properties 2 is proposing 193 lots on 140 acres.
EDMOND — Nearby residents continue to rally against the preliminary plat of Thunder Canyon, a proposed development of 193 lots on 140 acres that will go before the planning commission Tuesday.
The new housing addition, proposed by Dodson Properties 2, is planned to be built south of Covell Road and east of Midwest Boulevard. The planning commission meeting begins at 5:30 p.m. at 20 S Littler Ave.
About 40 nearby residents, living in Red Canyon and along Covell Road, spent about an hour with the developer during a March 7 community connection meeting in hopes of getting their questions answered.
One of the biggest concerns is density, because of the number of houses. Developer Aaron Dodson said he is proposing the average lot at 10,000 square feet, while the property is zoned to allow 6,000-square-foot lots.
The homes will be a minimum of 2,000 square feet and will have city water and sewer. The houses will be brick with rock accents and no siding. There will be walking trails and a pool house.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 66578Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 31563Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 30900Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 17837Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 7407Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6371Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4655Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond