Neb. art display focuses on mental health recovery
LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) — The Lincoln Regional Center is now featuring the artwork of Nebraskans who have struggled with mental illness.
The new, monthly "Artist of the Arboretum" show opened on Friday. The art shown will reflect the hope and role that art can play in helping people recover from mental health problems.
The first artist featured is photographer Deborah A. Hahn, of Kearney. Here photography reflects her personal journal after once being a patient at the Lincoln center.
The art exhibit in the center's lobby is open from 8:30 a.m. through 4 p.m., Monday through Friday. The display will feature a new artist every month.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims