Nebraska Tourism Commission selects leader
LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) — The Nebraska Tourism Commission has selected Kathy McKillip to be the agency's executive director.
McKillip has been director of the Nebraska Travel and Tourism Division since October 2011.
Nebraska Travel and Tourism, previously a division of the Department of Economic Development, became a stand-alone agency July 1. Legislation that authorized the change gave the commission the authority to hire an executive director.
Commissioner Jeff Boeka, of North Platte, says McKillip has proved "that she is aggressive in marketing the state, has moved forward with the strategic plan and has had a positive influence on tourism in the state."
A 1 percent lodging tax provides funding for Nebraska Tourism to promote statewide attractions, attract visitors and enhance use of the state's travel and tourism facilities.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims