Nebraska women beat No. 25 Michigan State 59-54
LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) — Jordan Hooper scored 25 points to lead Nebraska to a 59-54 win over No. 25 Michigan State Thursday night.
Lindsey Moore had 12 points and six assists for Nebraska (14-6, 4-3 Big Ten). Hooper also had seven rebounds for the Cornhuskers, who led most of the way.
Nebraska was ahead 30-23 at halftime and never trailed after that, and led by 10 with just over a minute to play.
Kiana Johnson scored 22 points, making four 3-pointers, to lead the Spartans, who had won three in a row. Michigan State (16-3, 4-2) was playing its first game at Nebraska.
Courtney Schiffauer added 11 points and Jasmine Thomas scored 10 for Michigan State.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
COLLEGE BASKETBALL VIDEOS
- 77840Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16227OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13741Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 12057Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 11953Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 11115Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 11023Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma tornado victims identified