Need for analysis of benefits of electric cars
BobbyStem (Point of View, Nov. 17) is correct in calling attention to some possibly negative aspects of the use of electric cars. I've yet to see a reasonably complete analysis of the overall benefits of electric cars with respect to the environment and efficiency. To drive an electric car, batteries need to be charged. This requires oil, coal and the like. It would be interesting to see how much oil or coal or gas is necessary to drive an electric car, say, 100 miles.
NewsOK Related Articles
Leon W. Zelby, Norman
Zelby is professor emeritus at the University of Oklahoma's School of Electrical and Computer Engineering.
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 21533Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17671Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12448Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9610Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9529Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9416Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8233Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense