Neighbors grieve for Edmond woman found dead in her home
Police said an Edmond woman was found dead shortly after 3:20 p.m. Saturday at 1000 E Edwards Street. Ronald Sparks, 47, of Edmond, was arrested in connection with the woman's death, Edmond police Sgt. Chad Langley said. The woman's name and age have not been released.
Videoview all videos
May 13Police have arrested a man in connection with the death...
Photoview all photos
“We may be a smaller city, but we have the same problems as other cities do,” he said.
Moved from Lawton
Almon, 36, said his great aunt recently moved from Lawton and was staying in the home.
“She never did nothing wrong to deserve this,” he said, tears welling up in his eyes.
Neighbors said Sparks seemed like a sweet man but was always yelling and talking to himself.
“He kind of wanders the neighborhood. He's always yelling and screaming across the street,” said neighbor Christina Scott.
Scott, 36, said she thought Sparks had a mental illness, but she couldn't imagine he would ever hurt someone.
“I would have never guessed that,” she said. “I never felt threatened by him at all.”
Neighbor Melissa Peach lives in another house behind the residence. She said she used to hear yelling and screaming at 3 a.m. that sounded like it was coming from Sparks.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister